What is your educational background?
I spent just one year in college before leaving to begin a career in broadcasting. Most of my education stems from learning on the job, attending seminars and reading lots of books. My 40 years of experience assisting companies with their marketing and business strategy has also been a great teacher. There is nothing like failure and success to teach you how to separate great practices from theory. I especially want to thank the many great business mentors, countless authors and speakers who are still continually advancing my education and helping me adapt in our constantly changing world.
The list is far to long.
What is your professional background?
• Radio Personality and Client Services– Midwest Family Broadcasting
• Entrepreneur in providing entertainment for weddings and other events. -American Entertainment INC.
• Writer and producer of radio and television commercials – Gateway Foods Inc.
• Training and corporate video writer and producer- Gateway Foods Inc.
• Covey Leadership training
• Strategic Planning – The Idea Center Inc
• Sales Training- Serve to Sell
• Board of Directors, Aptiv Inc, Services for People with Disabilities (2016-2019)
• Active Member - Valley View Rotary, La Crosse Wisconsin
• Mentor- Big Brother and Sisters of Western Wisconsin
What is your greatest passion?
I love studying philosophy and using it to make new connections.
What are the best books that you have read?
Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman & 7 Habits of Highly Effective People- Steven Covey
What is your favorite quote?
"There are two wolves living inside each of us," the grandfather says. "One is good, living in harmony with the earth, hurting no one, and will only fight when the fight is good and just and right. He believes in hope, generosity, and empathy. The other is evil, and survives on anger, arrogance and jealousy ... he is filed with hate, and will fight for the sake of fighting. And these two wolves inside us are constantly fighting for domination."
"Which wolf wins?" the young boy says to his grandfather.
The grandfather smiles. "The one you feed," he says.
Wisdom Passed down from the Cherokee.
What is your family information?
I am married to my wife, partner and best friend Elizabeth. I am blessed to have a close bond and relationship with my mother, 3 brothers and 1 sister, and a large extended family of incredibly talented and wonderful nieces, nephews and cousins. One of my greatest influences was my father who passed away 3 years ago and is greatly missed
What is your favorite hobby?
Hiking/Backpacking the Grand Canyon (over 30 times), motorcycle touring and bicycle trail riding.
Who is your favorite band?
Elton John and his Band -Early years
What is one item on your bucket list?
Extended Motorcycle Tour of New Zealand
How do you spend your free time?
Reading books and listening to videos on topics that interest me on backpacking, motorcycling, philosophy and psychology.